httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Crosman" <ACros...@afsc.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] OS X/Apache: must be logged in for web access
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:04:33 GMT
I'd suggest checking what user is running Apache.  There should be 1
process run by root and the others by www.  Is coopdb an admin user?  If
not try making sure an admin user does the reset of Apache.

As for going to sleep, I would suggest separating system sleep from
display sleep, and don't let the system sleep (but save the monitor and
have it sleep). There used to be a setting to wake on network activity,
but since networks are so busy that became useless so it's now wake for
administrator access only.

Also, if you've gone a few months without doing any system patches you
should probably rectify that (you said you only updated MySQL and PHP,
Apple updates Apache in system updates).

HTH
Aaron