httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kay Lingenauber <klingenau...@clarq.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_jk + mod_ext_filter on Win32
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:02:05 GMT
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 11:10, Kay Lingenauber wrote:

>> Now, I'm trying to replace some text of the Apache output
>> by using
>> mod_ext_filter. The filter configuration is correct,
>> because it works with
>> static content (content, that is not provided by Tomcat
>> via JK2). But it
>> doesn't work with content that comes through the JK2
>> connector.
>>
>> My "conclusion":
>> The mod_ext_filter doesn't filter anything that comes
>> through mod_jk.

> mod_ext_filter is known to have issues with IO buffering
> in some situations:
> yours may be one of them.  I'm not familiar with the
> details.

> But what rewriting are you trying to do?  There are a
> number of modules
> available for that, from mod_proxy_html (currently the
> most widely-used)
> to mod_publisher (the latest and most powerful for markup
> processing).
> Have you checked apache.webthing.com ?

> --
> Nick Kew

Hi Nick,

thanks for your answer !

I've checked apache.webthing.com now and tested mod_publisher.
The problem still exists: static content is filtered, dynamic content
(served by Tomcat via JK2) is kept untouched :(

I use MLRewriteOptions and MLRewriteRule of the mod_publisher module. The module works perfect
with static content, so I assume, that didn't make any configuration errors.

Any idea ? Why does filering not work with JK2 ?

Thanks and greets,
Kay