httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kalluru Uma. Maheswar" <Kalluru.Mahes...@adeasolutions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring struts file extensions in Apache web server
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 04:33:57 GMT
Hi,
I am working on Struts and I have configured my struts application on
Tomcat 4.0 running on
Windows 2000
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21278318.html#
#>  and its working fine. I have changed the extension of struts files
from *.do to
*.abc for testing purpose. And even this is working fine.

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.abc</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

I now uploaded the struts files to remote Linux server
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21278318.html#
#>  that is having Apache Web
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Servers/Apache/Q_21278318.html#
#>  server configured with Tomcat. So any request is first handled by
Apache web server.

If I enter any URL http://myhost.com/test1.abc I get 404 File not found
but the same was working in my machine(Windows + Tomcat).

I do not know about Apache web server. Can someone throw some light on
me to what needs to be done to make this app work? Do I have to
configure anything on Apache to support *.abc extensions? Please let me
know how to do it.

Thanks
Uma