httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pandian Puviyarasan-A21240 <p...@motorola.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring problem with Unix installation
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 04:03:24 GMT
Hi all,

I downloaded 2.0.52 for UNIX and put all the files in /users/myhome/httpd-2.0.52. Then I ran
the configure command in my SunOS 5.8, as per the instructions specified, with
--prefix=/users/myhome/httpd-2.0.52/apache_installation and after about 20 lines of output
I got this error:

checking for chosen layout... apr
checking for gcc... gcc
cat: cannot open confdefs.h
checking for C compiler default output... Can't open conftest.c
See `config.log' for more details.
configure failed for srclib/apr

As such, when I go through the configure file, it looks like the file creates its own test
.c and .h files for checking. I could not make it out why this error is coming up. I couldn't
make out much of the config.log file also.

Any advice on how I can rectify this situation? Does it have to do with the directory structure?
Permissions? Is that related to my PATH?

Someone, please help me out soon.

Thanks.
Puvi