httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dieter Köhler <...@philo.de>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd.conf: Umlauts in path names?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:51:58 GMT

>I'm not sure there alowed in URL's, I might be wrong though, but maybe
>rename the folder to use and o instead of an ö.

It would be fine to have my apache document folder as a sub-folder of my
user folder which has (obviously) an 'ö' in its name.  It would sound
strange, if such a well established application could not cope with
ordinary directory names outside the US-ASCII encoding scheme.

In the case of URLs this is no problem: I can use the Unicode scalar value
for 'ö' which is 'F6' and escape it with a preceding '%'.  But this did not
work with the Apache config file.

Dieter Köhler