httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Andersson <andr...@travelstart.se>
Subject [users@httpd] authication best practice
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:45:36 GMT
Hi!

I've been doing authentication with htaccess for some years but now I
have to "design" a somewhat more complex system and thought I should ask
for your help before trying to re-invent the wheel.

I have a testserver to which I must restrict users in different groups.
Some groups should have access to all parts of the testserver while some
other groups only should have access to "their" parts. Like this.

/                  (access only to the group "internal")
/site_one          (access only to the group "internal" or "site_one")
/site_two          (access only to the group "internal" or "site_two")
/all_other_sites   (access only to the group "internal")

I would like to write a rule saying "restrict to internal group but also
allow groups found in .htaccess in that directory".

--
Andreas Andersson
IT Dept.