httpd-users mailing list archives

From dan <i...@hostinthebox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] No listener sockets
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:54:28 GMT
Wayne McLaren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've had Apache running for almost a year as a service on window 2k. All
> of a sudden last week it stopped. When I try to start it using the
> service monitor I simply get an error meaage that it failed. If I go to
> a dos prompt and try to start it I get the advice that I am out of
> listener sockets. Under neither circumstance is there an entry in the
> error log.
>
> Anyone experience this?
>
> Thanx,
>
> wam

I have not ever had this problem before, but is there anything listening
on port 80?  I'd imagine that you can find this info using netstat.

I've seen something similar to this where IIS was running in the
background there, waiting to snatch port 80 when something relinquishes
the port.

Hope that helps
-dant