httpd-users mailing list archives

From peter pilsl <pi...@goldfisch.at>
Subject [users@httpd] strategies to decrease responsetime?
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:08:02 GMT
I spend quite a time to optimize our template-system that dynamically
generates the webcontent only to discover that the maintime is spend on

If I time the downloadtime of the webpage itself, its approx. 500ms on a
2MBit-line. The whole page with all the static content (stylesheet and
images) takes approx. 3s. (timing with wget)

The images itself are very small but there are 25 of it on this page, so
the responsetime adds up.

How can I actually time the responsetime and the downloadtime and which
ways would there be to reduce the responsetime.
Would it help to use a ramdisk for the images?

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl