httpd-users mailing list archives

From peter pilsl <pi...@goldfisch.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] troubles with mod_deflate in 2.0.52
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:28:20 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> Your config looks OK to me, so you can check in the error logs.  If the
> deflate filter is not there, it'll log a warning about an unknown filter.
>
> Diagnostics come on various levels.  A browser that lets you headers
> (such as Lynx) is a good quick-check (not sure if wget is any use there).
> Otherwise insert mod_diagnostics in the filter chain and see what it logs.
> Oh, and LogLevel Debug will cause mod_deflate to log some stuff too.

Thnx. Things working like a charme. And as alway the LogLevel-Tip
helped. I had turned it on before posting here but it didnt print any
results. After your posting I turned it on in the right config and then
things started to figure out.

With loglevel debug, mod_deflate shows exactely the compressionrate as well.
wget can handle deflated things transparetentely and does not show
anything about it. Lynx is a better attempt, but I still dont know how
the exacte server-client communication looks in case of deflated
content. Its time for tpcdump  ...

thnx a lot,
peter

--