httpd-users mailing list archives

From Preston Podaril <p...@ispi.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Weird Apache Memory Leak or something
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:18:09 GMT
I have noticed in an lsof of a libhttpd.ep process on our machines that
it has open /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 and
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7, but in httpd.conf we have setup
the following:
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so
</IfDefine>

and we are not starting with startssl, and according to our script this
should be fine.  Can anyone shed any light on why an apache process
would be opening these files despite libssl not being loaded?

Preston Podaril
ppod@ispi.net
Network Administrator
ispi of Lincoln