httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Lloyd [Hosting Reserve]" <alan.ll...@hosting-reserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication Problems
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:26:51 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:

> Are you aware that a 401 is the *correct* server response to a request
> without an "Authorization" header?

Yes I am aware of that and have tried from a couple of computers. The
.htaccess file is
AuthUserFile /home/httpd/vhosts/tor-bay.co.uk/httpdocs/includes/.htpasswd
AuthName "Password Protected Area"
AuthType Basic

<limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</limit>

DirectoryIndex admin.php

I have put this back up if you want to have a go.
http://tor-bay.co.uk/admin/

A little bit of history. I had everything working fine then moved to a
new server. The provider told me that the set-up was identical as both
servers were made from the same image. So I just backed up the
/home/vhosts directory. Everything works except this.

Alan