httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Lloyd [Hosting Reserve]" <alan.ll...@hosting-reserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication Problems
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:51:55 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:

> So I'm a bit confused. Anyway, try the following tests:

Hi sorry I havn't had time to read your full post. I will when I get
home, I am a bit busy at the mo...

The *only* reason for a 403 is I have moved the .htaccess file out so I
could get in to the directory.

If you access http://tor-bay.co.uk/admin/admin.php it works **except**
when authentication is on( its off at the mo ). Either in a .htaccess or
in the .conf file.

I will post the .htaccess when i get home if you like. But I have been
over it hundreds of times. I even copied most of it from the apache docs
incase of stupid mistakes (I do make a lot of them).

Thanks for looking
Alan