httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Smith <bsm...@sudleyplace.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication Problems
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:32:27 GMT
On 1/17/2005 4:16 AM, Boyle Owen wrote:
> [...]

If you have /var/www as an alias (or soft link) to (say)
/home/httpd/vhosts/default, then it is my experience that mixing those
references (that is, sometimes using /var/www and sometimes using the other) is
a formula for trouble.  It seems that, sometimes, Apache does a string compare
on the initial text of paths to determine whether or not two paths are the same,
rather than expand links to the raw paths and then compare.

[...]