httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Gravell <dan...@enigmatec.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Launching Apache "normally" works fine, launching from a Java program gives "alloc_listener: failed to get a socket for 0.0.0.0"
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:06:12 GMT
After about a day of being frustrated by this, and then noticing
something similar when running wget, my attentions shifted to my own
code. Sure enough, I was not using the Runtime.exec() method correctly.
An argument allows "environment variables" to be specified. Instead of
passing null in, as I should do to inherit the current settings, I was
passing in an empty array. Clearly this blank list of environment
variables means Apache can't work for whatever reason.

Sorry for clogging up the mailing list, but in the faintest likelihood
of anyone seeing similar I thought I'd reply.

Dan