httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Gravell <dan...@enigmatec.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Launching Apache "normally" works fine, launching from a Java program gives "alloc_listener: failed to get a socket for 0.0.0.0"
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:44:44 GMT
Thank you for your quick reply. No, Apache is not already running.

The line is:
Listen 80

Where the socket to bind to is configured. I've tried variations, such as:
Listen 127.0.0.1
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
Listen 127.0.0.1:8080
Listen 8080

No luck, and no I don't have anything else using that port!

I've installed the same code on two different boxes and the same thing
happens.

Dan