httpd-users mailing list archives

From surya <ad...@suryaprabhakar.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems after migrating to 2.0.46
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:34:37 GMT
Dear Gurus,
                   I recently migrated from apache 1.3 on redhat7.2 to
2.0.46 on rhel 3.0 . I am running a proxy server with the new apache by
calling a proxy.conf file with ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse ,this will
inturn redirect to another webserver. This setup was perfectly working
in previous apache .But with the new apache it is not working . Just in
case to check whether the other components are working fine or not I
compiled the old apache again on this machine and checked ,which is
working absolutely fine . SO I understand that some changes in the new
apache are causing problem .

Normal functionality of the entire website is fine . When you click on
the link to view a report the webintelligence software will send an
activex component to the browser which is saved locally which in turn
access the web intelligence server to request for data to display via
apache since it is proxy. (structure is described in the attached
diagram scenario.jpg).
    Similar setup perfectly works with Apache 1.3.27 .But when it is
replaced with the latest 2.0.46 it downloads the activex and after that
cannot find the page. Enabled log level to "debug" but not able to find
anything unusual. At the time when you click the link on the browser I
did an ltrace on the httpd's child process on the server with its pid
and captured output for both apache 1.3.17 and 2.0.46 . I attached both
the files .Hope they are useful .

Btw I am using the standard apache provided by redhat which is compiled
with following options

$/usr/sbin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.46
Server built:   Sep 25 2003 09:26:39
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:4
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses disabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

         Any pointers towards how to debug will be highly appreciated .
I am ready to provide more information.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Surya.