httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aman Raheja <arah...@techquotes.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory directive in Vhost
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:12:27 GMT
I have a vhost config as follows

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.22:80>
  ServerName www.mydom.com
  ServerAdmin admin@mydom.com
  DocumentRoot "/home/web/instance/htdocs/carter"
  ErrorLog "logs/instance/error_log"

  LogLevel warn
  CustomLog "logs/instance/access_log" "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b
\"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\" \"userid=%{Cookie}n\""

  <Directory "/home/web/instance">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes
    Order Deny,Allow
    Allow from All
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES  .htm .html .ssi
  </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

What I am questioning is the Directory directive, which is configured to
be /home/web/instance, while the doroot for the vhost is
/home/web/instance/htdocs/carter. If I am right I think that Directory
directive should be /home/web/instance/htdocs/carter, if I want to have
everything accessible to have those directory properties and all the
subdirectories under /home/web/instance don't mean to be anything since
they are below the docroot. Or does this have any other consequence ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Aman Raheja