httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Maloney <je...@lacknergroup.com>
Subject php4apache.dll not being loaded
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:25:19 GMT
Hi all, this seems like a PHP question to me as well, but i am getting
no help from them.

I was running Apache 1.3.31 and PHP 4.3.8 on Win XP SP 1 just peachy
until a security flaw was reported in PHP. I upgraded PHP to 4.3.10, and
was unable to start the Apache service. Thinking it may be an Apache
problem, i upgraded Apache to 1.3.33, but the same problem recurs,
namely, when i start the Apache service, i get the message:
The Apache service on Local Computer started and then stopped ...

and in the Application log:
Syntax error on line 193 of c:/apache13/apache/conf/httpd.conf

Line 193 of httpd.conf is:
LoadModule php4_module c:/apache13/php/sapi/php4apache.dll

php4apache.dll is definitely in that location. What's more, i only get
the error when using the php4apache file from the PHP 4.3.10
installation; if i swap the old (PHP 4.3.8) file into there, the service
starts right up. (Hence my suspicion this is a PHP problem.)

I don't want to revert to the old php4apache.dll because i believe it
will re-introduce the security problems that have supposedly been resolved.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jerry