httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron <aam...@pop.actcom.net.il>
Subject [users@httpd] Fwd: host/virtualhost/port
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:18:43 GMT
Hi all,

I am a newbie and this post will show it...

I installed apache2 from debian apt-get.

I had apache installed but now I see the following:

apache2 -f /etc/apache/httpd.conf
Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/apache/modules.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_log_config.so into server: /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_log_config.so:
undefined symbol: ap_month_snames

why would apache2 be using the apache modules.conf file I checked and
apache is not installed on my system.

Is it safe to remove the regular apache directories or are they
needed by apache2?

Or is this caused by a different problem?

Thanks
Aaron