httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sonia <xoni...@yahoo.es>
Subject [users@httpd] How to configure several fastcgi external servers
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:10:17 GMT
Hi all!

I have an Apache server running on a PC, and several
custom platforms running embedded linux. I want to
poll them in order to know several variables from
them, using a browser. We want to make this using
fastcgi, and what we have now is a fastcgi application
on one of these platforms and the Apache server with
mod_fcgi, through which w.

We have a web page designed with frames that is
refreshed with the information from the fastcgi
application runnning on uClinux.

The problem comes out when there are more than one
fastcgi application on different platforms(and IPs),
because we don't know how configure the apache server
to have several Fastcgi external servers. We've tried
adding several lines in httpd but the server fails to
start.

FastCgiExternalServer "C:/Archivos de programa/Apache
Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/echo.exe" -host 172.16.5.7:10001
FastCgiExternalServer "C:/Archivos de programa/Apache
Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/echo.exe" -host 172.16.5.5:10001

Perhaps there is something missing.

Another doubt is if it's possible to debug an
application running on Apache,such as the echo.exe
used with external fastcgi servers.

Best regards