httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eimantas Vaičiūnas <eimantas.vaiciu...@sc.vu.lt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess problem with HeaderName and ReadmName
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:05:10 GMT
On Thursday 20 January 2005 14:00, Boyle Owen wrote:
> You're saying that the subdir *does not* inherit from the parent if you
> put the directives in a .htaccess file in teh parent? That is not how it
> is supposed to work...
>
> Check:
>
> - you don't have *another* .htaccess in the subdir (that would override
> the parent)
> - you don't have a <Directory> block in the config which applies to the
> subdir and may override or switch off the .htaccess files.
I AM sure that there are NO <Directory> block in httpd.conf file and there are
no .htaccess files in subdirectories of /~user/ directory.

I've noticed that if i put defined ReadmeName and HeaderName files to
subdirectories it works 100%.

An example would be at http://enc.auth.sc.vu.lt/~mionoki/ (try going to music/
directory).
--