httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] troubles with mod_deflate in 2.0.52
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:00:17 GMT
On Wednesday 19 January 2005 23:08, peter pilsl wrote:

> No difference. How can I detect if the module is actually in place and
> working. Where to start debugging, when things dont run as I expected?
> Is wget an appropriate tool to detect if the content is actually
> transfered compressed?

Your config looks OK to me, so you can check in the error logs.  If the
deflate filter is not there, it'll log a warning about an unknown filter.

Diagnostics come on various levels.  A browser that lets you headers
(such as Lynx) is a good quick-check (not sure if wget is any use there).
Otherwise insert mod_diagnostics in the filter chain and see what it logs.
Oh, and LogLevel Debug will cause mod_deflate to log some stuff too.

--
Nick Kew