httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dick Davies <rasput...@hellooperator.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to create a "hosts deny" list for Apache
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:52:01 GMT
* JM Fraser <jmf@cybertrex.co.uk> [0128 12:28]:
> This is exactly what I intend. Can I also port this over to a Mysql
> database which would be easier to update?

http://www.diegonet.com/support/mod_auth_mysql.shtml

but in that case, don't bother with the htaccess, you just define
(I imagine, wouldn't touch mysql with a ten foot pole) a select to run
each time a request comes in - if it finds a match of the credentials,
in comes the user.

--
'A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction
into a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.'