httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Kirby" <nick.ki...@freeuk.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Causing Server to not start
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:15:27 GMT
Hello, I am trying to set up vhosts.

I have set the NameVirtualHost to the PC's IP address, and set the port to
80.

I manage to set up the first virtual host without difficulty, but as this is
the same site as is configured in the main conf file, I am not surprised.

Trying to set the second vhost up to serve pages from an entirely different
domain causes the server to fail to restart, so my syntax is wrong.

I am using name based vhosts on one IP address. Having looked at the Apache
files I have used only ServerName and DocumentRoot to attempt to configure
the vhosts.

Which parameter am I missing?

Additionally, is it possible to have the Apache server create a log file for
each web vhosted website?

Many thanks,

Nick