httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dick Davies <rasput...@hellooperator.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory directive in Vhost
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:58:28 GMT
* Nelson, Robert D. <RDNelson@Mail.Donaldson.com> [0128 22:28]:
> Aman:
>
> > >  <Directory "/home/web/instance">
> > >    AllowOverride None
> > >    Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks Includes
> > >    Order Deny,Allow
> > >    Allow from All
> > >    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES  .htm .html .ssi
> > >  </Directory>
> > >
> > > </VirtualHost>
> > >

> > > What I am questioning is the Directory directive, which is
> > configured to
> > > be /home/web/instance, while the doroot for the vhost is
> > > /home/web/instance/htdocs/carter. If I am right I think
> > that Directory
> > > directive should be /home/web/instance/htdocs/carter,
> >
> > I'd have thought so yeah. Effectively the directory option block says
> > 'run everything under here as a cgi' which is a bit odd ,
> > especially for
> > files that aren't readable by the browser. (though maybe they
> > are called by
> > aliases). This will also mean that all files in the docroot
> > will run as though
> >
> > they are cgis (which is a bit strange for GIFs, say).
>
> I'm not sure what you two are talking about, but that's not what that config
> snippet does. Having 'Options ExecCGI' in the location block allows for CGI
> to be executed there.

For some reason I parsed the above directory block as though it was a ScriptAlias
- the only time I ever use ExecCGI is in

        <FilesMatch "\.fcgi$">
                Options +ExecCGI
                SetHandler fastcgi-script
        </FilesMatch>

, though that doesn't really account for the typo, sorry...

--
'The pie is ready. You guys like swarms of things, right?'
		-- Bender