httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Kirby" <nick.ki...@freeuk.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Not able to bind to address
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:46:40 GMT
Well, port 80 is listening on 192.168.1.2, under process ID 3976.

I'm stumped.

Localhost is fine. Router is fine, and performing port forwarding, apache is
fine, bound properly, there is no firewall on the router aside from the
blocked ports, and those are open for hhtp in and out.

It's a mystery.

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: 07 January 2005 14:16
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Not able to bind to address

Read all the entries on this thread (only some are relevant)
http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-122638 or here
http://live.cgcu.net/discussion/?f=3&t=17

It looks like it's a common problem with XP. The threads are pretty garbled
with lots of cross-talk, but I get the general impression that there can be
a general problem with the Xp firewall blocking port 80 and/or a proxy using
port 80. Also, it's a good idea to reboot between major system
reconfigurations...

Without sitting down in front of your computer, it's really hard to guess.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.