httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Kirby" <nick.ki...@freeuk.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Not able to bind to address
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:45:04 GMT
Well, this machine has outlook open, a web browser running - and returning
web pages from www.tes.co.uk, BBC news open and my email is obviously coming
in!

Having bound apache to 192.168.1.2:80, localhost does now not work (which is
to be expected).
Rebinding 127.0.0.1:80 allows resolution of localhost in browser.

Where am I going wrong here?

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: 07 January 2005 13:32
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Not able to bind to address

See notes below...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

If you want to be specific...

If it is just set to "80" (as you have) apache will listen to port 80 on
all IPs (ie, 127.0.0.1:80 and 192.16.1.2:80)

> So should it be Listen 192.16.1.2:80 ?

If you were to, apache would listen to *only* 192.16.1.2:80 (and would
ignore 127.0.0.1:80 etc.)

This is not your problem...

Not exactly - then you would get "address already in use"...

> 1. Verify that the server is not already started 2. Check
> whether another
> process than Apache may have bound the protocol/address/port
> by browsing
> through netstat 3. Make sure that you only have one Listen
> directive for
> that address/port in httpd.conf
>
> -ascs

Your machine seems not to be responding to the network... Can you "ping
192.168.1.2"? can you "telnet 192.168.1.2"? Can you make *outbound*
requests from the machine (ie, does a browser work on your machine?)