httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nick" <nick.ki...@freeuk.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Not able to bind to address
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:19:39 GMT
Hi, I get the first bit, to stop Apache running. Looking at the httpd file I
see that the listen directive is simply set to

#
# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
# ports, instead of the default. See also the <VirtualHost>
# directive.
#
# Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
# prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
#
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
Listen 80

What should this be set to? The IP of the server?

So should it be Listen 192.16.1.2:80 ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV [mailto:Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com]
Sent: 07 January 2005 12:51
To: users@httpd.apache.org; nick.kirby@freeuk.com
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] I just installed Apache2 - Where's the
request_uri enviornment variable??

I believe it means that the protocol/address/port is already bound.

1. Verify that the server is not already started 2. Check whether another
process than Apache may have bound the protocol/address/port by browsing
through netstat 3. Make sure that you only have one Listen directive for
that address/port in httpd.conf

-ascs