httpd-users mailing list archives

From CSN <cool_screen_name90...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite & mod_alias
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:17:13 GMT
I can't get mod_alias and mod_rewrite to play
together. I installed b2evolution and want any site to
be able to be able to offer a blog by appending /b2evo
to the URL. So I have in httpd.conf:

Alias /b2evo /var/www/html/b2evo

Now, to access a specific blog, b2evo needs a url like
"mydomain.com/b2evo/index.php/blogname" (which works
as I want it), but I want the URL to look like
"mydomain.com/b2evo/blog/blogname" and added this to
httpd.conf as well:

<Directory /var/www/html/b2evo> RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^blog/(.+) index.php/$1 [L] </Directory>

I've tried adding PT (pass-through) and various other
RewriteRule flags and can't get it to work. If I add a
leading slash to index.php/$1 it almost works, but for
some reason the $1 gets stripped or something
(according to the rewritelog at level 9). If
index.php/$1 doesn't have a leading slash, Apache ends
up trying to use
/var/www/html/mydomain/var/www/html/b2evo for the directory.

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com