httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nick" <nick.ki...@freeuk.com>
Subject [users@httpd] External web not resolving.
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:50:07 GMT
Hello there, many thanks to everyone, I changed the default setup and they
worked, I type localhost and get my page!

However, I (obviously) want to go externally. I have my router pointing web
traffic port 80 to my PC on 192.168.1.2, and the firewall on the PC is
closed except for port 80, which is open to accept web traffic.

However, I am getting that wonderful screen regarding could not find website
in IE.

I am sure this is some sort of DNS problem, as my site is hosted here, but I
am using DynDNS to point the IP back to the router, then passing that on to
my web address.

I've tried putting the ip of the router into IExplorer, but this (woryingly)
produces the login for the router.

Any thoughts, or should I just be patient, or am I missing a specific way of
configuring Apache to look at a specific IP address?

As an aside, could someone let me know if it is easier to run multiple
instances of apache, or to use virtual hosts? The sites I want to build
won't be high traffic, so I thought vhosts would be fine.

Many thanks,

Nick