httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander der Grosse" <Alexander.der-Gro...@gmx.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem restarting Apache gracefully
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:10:34 GMT
Hello,

I've a problem restarting the Apache (2.0.52) gracefully. I compiled Apache
myself (no apt-get, yast installation). Operation System is Debian stable.
When I want to restart the webserver, the various apache instances are
shutting down. Only the mother process remains. After all instances are shut
down, the apache doesn't take new clients. After 5-10 minutes, the apache
works normal.
I get some warnings when I type in "apachectl graceful", that some
DocumentRoots does not exist, but I think this should be not the problem.
I have 3000-4000 VHosts.

Can someone help me, please? The Apache should only reload the vhosts.

bg, alex

(sorry for my bad english)

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail