httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander der Grosse" <Alexander.der-Gro...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem restarting Apache gracefully
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:30:25 GMT
Hello,

I get the following warnings (20-30):

Warning: DocumentRoot [/nfs/webs/usr3233/html] does not exist

I think this should not be the problem.

When I execute "apachectl graceful" this takes 5-10 minutes. Then all the
instances are shutting down.
According to the manual of Apache, the server should work out instances.
Why Apache doesn't work?

alex

> Yes, that is the correct way to restart Apache. What happens when you stop
> Apache, wait for all processes to exit and then start? Also, when you
> execute "apachectl graceful" what errors do you get?
>

> On 14:35:00 January 13, 2005 Preston Podaril <ppod@ispi.net> wrote:
> > I too have noticed this in our web cluster, but it doesn't happen
> > consistently and is sporadic on what machines it happens on.  We are
> > running Apache 1.3.33 mod_ssl on Solaris 8.
> >
> > I am assuming that like us, a graceful restart of apache is done
> > simply with
> > apachectl graceful
> >
> > This has begun happening amongst the problems with the memory leaks,
> > I have a feeling they are quite closely related, but have yet to
> > narrow anything down.
> >
> > Preston Podaril
> > ppod@ispi.net
> > Network Administrator
> > ispi of Lincoln
> >

> > JM Fraser wrote:
> > >  What commands do you execute to restart Apache in a graceful
> > >  fashion?

+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben