httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony G. Atkielski" <anth...@atkielski.com>
Subject [users@httpd] To what extent can SSI and PHP be combined?
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:53:28 GMT
Is there any way to get #includes with SSI expanded inside a page that
has a PHP extension, or, conversely, any way to get PHP to execute when
it is brought into a page via #include?

I'm having a lot of trouble with pages that require some sort of PHP
coding, as I also want to use SSI to bring in standard parts of the
page, but I can't figure out if or how they can both be combined.

Any pointers to what's allowed or possible?  My Web search has been
inconclusive.  My impression is that #include files can't contain PHP
code, and PHP pages cannot contain #includes.  PHP has its own include
function, of course, but this apparently doesn't expand the included
file the way SSI does, it just reads it into the current page.  And SSI
will expand a file with #include, but it won't give it to PHP, so any
PHP code is ignored.

Are there any solutions to this problem?

--
Anthony