httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Julien NURY" <jn...@jetmultimedia.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] TCP connection keepalive after a 304 response ?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:29:04 GMT
Hi,

   we have a "web accelerator appliance" witch put all web-client
request in only a few number of TCP connection to web-server (to
preserve server cpu). It's very efficient in most case but we have a
problem with a static content website : the server replies a 304 and the
"accelerator" closes the tcp connection. So the next request opens a new
connection and, finally, we have the same number of connections on the
server than the number of connections on the "accelerator", so : no
gain...

   The technical support of the "web accelerator" says "you can disable
the closing of tcp connection after a 304 in the cache conf. but the web
server should not support this".

   My question : does the apache webserver support a new request, on the
same TCP connection, after a 304 response ?

Thanks for your read

Julien NURY