httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony G. Atkielski" <anth...@atkielski.com>
Subject Re: zombie hits from undesired sites
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:39:29 GMT
Brian Klug writes:

> AFAIK, that doesn't gain them any Google share.  It just
> spams your logs.

If the zombies have the Google toolbar installed, Google would be aware
of the hits; I think.  I don't know how that would benefit the referrer
site, though.

But you have to see exactly what the zombies are sending to get a better
idea of the problem.

I see zillions and zillions of attempts to connect to port 2001 on my
server, and I don't know why.  I think it has to do with some old worm,
but my system is not infected, and in any case the 2001 requests don't
get past the firewall, so none of my machines ever sees them.

I also get a lot of requests looking for Microsoft IIS and FrontPage
stuff (as far as I can tell), and various other products that use a lot
of fixed URLs to function.

--
Anthony