httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Causing Server to not start
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:38:25 GMT
Nick:

> Yet, when starting the service from cmd with vhost section
> enabled, system
> fails to start.
>
> Commenting them out - system starts fine.
>
> It's a mystery!

It's a mystery to all of us too because you're not posting helpful
information! Please, if you want help, post the error message you get when
starting Apache from the command line. Post relevant lines from your error
log.

Syntax errors are only one reason why Apache won't start. There are dozens
of other reasons that we won't know until you post some output.

We are trying to help. Give us some useful information and we'll probably be
able to point you at the problem.

 ~ Robert