httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Causing Server to not start
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:39:20 GMT
Nick:

> Trying to set the second vhost up to serve pages from an
> entirely different
> domain causes the server to fail to restart, so my syntax is wrong.

Did you get an error message? If so, what was it?

> I am using name based vhosts on one IP address. Having looked
> at the Apache
> files I have used only ServerName and DocumentRoot to attempt
> to configure
> the vhosts.

Please post the relevant parts of your config file.

> Which parameter am I missing?

Again, we need to see the config file to know.

> Additionally, is it possible to have the Apache server create
> a log file for
> each web vhosted website?

Yep. Simply add a log directive in each VirtualHost and point them to
different files, as in:

<VirtualHost>
    ServerName www.host1.com
    ErrorLog /location/of/logs/host1_error_log
    CustomLog /location/of/logs/host1_access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost>
    ServerName www.host2.com
    ErrorLog /location/of/logs/host2_error_log
    CustomLog /location/of/logs/host2_access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

 ~ Robert