httpd-users mailing list archives

From txemi <txe...@euskalnet.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache separate internet extranet
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:35:44 GMT

I answer to my own question as I achieved what I was trying, in case it
is useful to anyone.

I have copied /etc/init.d/apache2 to /etc/init.d/apache2-extranet
and /etc/apache2 to /etc/apache2-extranet. Then I modified new
configuration files and created /var/www-extranet
and /var/log/apache2-extranet as I mentioned in config.

Now I have got two apache servers running independently in the same
machine on differenet ports and different configurations. I did not have
to recompile apache as I use already packaged apache in my distro, so I
benefit from updates. Besides I use some files from /etc/apache2 with
symbolink links from /etc/apache2-extranet to minimize the number of
conffiles maintained by my own. I can choose exported services to
extranet by making and removing symlinks.

thanks,
txemi.

--
< hola, soy una firma horrible >