httpd-users mailing list archives

From txemi <txe...@euskalnet.net>
Subject [users@httpd] apache separate internet extranet
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:31:00 GMT

Hi, here is my problem.

I run apache2 on debian testing with some services for internal use in
my private network. Each service/package has ist own config file
in /etc/apache2/conf.d/.

Now I want to make this server accesible to outer world, but I do not
want all this services accesible. I know I can make a virtual service
listening on a new IP or port, but it would not avoid people reaching
through this virtual service viewing the services for internal use.

I could place internal services configurations in a private virtual
service listening only in local net, but I do not want to modify
all /etc/apache2/conf.d/ stuff.

What I would like to do is add some file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ that
makes my server listen in a new port or ip and tell exactly which pages
or dirs to show. I do not want to inherit the whole configuration in
this new virtual service.

Something like this:

before:

                  +------------------+
                  |  lot of services | <-- local net
                  +------------------+    from here I can see
                                           all services

after:
                +-------------------+
  internet -->  |  some   | lot of  | <-- local net
  from here     |services | services|    from here I can see
  I only see    +-------------------+     all services
  some pages

As said before, to achieve this I do not want to touch previous config,
add a new conffile to /etc/apache2/conf.d/ instead.

I read apache documentation and searched news but it seems configuration
out of virtual services take effect on all virtual services and it is no
possible to start a new void and clean virtual service.

Thank you,
txemi

--
< hola, soy una firma horrible >