httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martijn Veening <mart...@detrics.com>
Subject [users@httpd] problem accessing virtual hosts from local network (Linux)
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:43:53 GMT
On our server we are hosting several virtual domains.
When configuring a new account I cannot test whether or not it's
working. When I type the url in the browser, it waits endlessly.
I cannot access our own hosted virtual domains from our server itself
(or local network).
I'm sure it must have something to do with loopback or hosts, or perhaps
firewall, but I cannot figure out what.
Specs: Linux 2.4 + httpd 2.0,
static IP/DHCP (ADSL),
in /etc/hosts only 127.0.0.1 configured as localhost (should it contain
all virtual domains as well ?),
httpd.conf contains ServerName detri015.speed.planet.nl:80.

If my request goes to the internet and back to our server, which should
respond to itself as well, based on virtual domains, could that be a
problem in itself ? Or is it a simple configuration problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Martijn Veening
Netherlands