httpd-users mailing list archives

From mfb...@mchsi.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to serve files larger than 3GB vial Apache 2.x on Redhat 9 linux
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:52:41 GMT
It doesn't care how much traffic goes through, but it has problems when a single
file exceeds 4GB in size.

It uses an "int" to keep track of the byte position in the file that it is
sending. The biggest number a 4 byte unsigned integer can hold is 4GB. The
developers would have to go through and replace all ints with __int64.

I'm not running anything with it, just apache by itself cannot handle a 4GB
file, either on a windows or linux platform, it's the same both ways.

In fact, the problem got some sunlight shone on it from this guy:

http://justin.chapweske.com/lfs-shame

in the large file hall of shame.

Any idea on when the developers are going to fix this?

>   I didn't realize that Apache cared how much traffic went through... it's
> not storing anything that I know of.  What are you running along with
> Apache?
>
> Norm
>
> FREE Avatar hosting at www.easyavatar.com

LAN