httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem accessing virtual hosts from localnetwork(Linux)
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:15:04 GMT
> Martijn Veening; 2005 January 14 Friday 07:02
>
> So it appears not to be Apache problem indeed (sorry) but Linux
> routing
> problem: i cannot ping my external IP-address from gateway itself.
> Should that be possible ?

I should think so, yes.  The IP is on the same interface, same network
card as the computer you are logged into.  This should not be passing
through any NAT tables at all, unless something is really screwed up.
>From the gateway, you should be able to ping every IP of every
interface, internal or external.  The packets don't have to be routed or
NATted anywhere.

Leif