httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .US extension giving me problems
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:08:37 GMT
> dropbox@teamraf.com; 2005 January 11 Tuesday 13:32
>
> In the VirtualHost directive, I've changed the ServerName from
> the .us to a .com address I also own.  Restarted the server and the
> page came up beautifully.  I changed the Options so that it was Index
> instead of -Index and I can see the index.html file and click on it to
> display.  I currently do have FollowSymLinks and Includes on in the
> Options area.  I haven't tried to remove them, but I can do so.  It
> just
> baffles me on why a .com address works and the .us doesn't with the
> exact
> same options being set.

It's difficult to say by looking at the example config that you gave.
It should seem to work.

Did you check both your access and error log files?  I didn't see a
TransferLog line in the example you gave, so that's why I asked.  Also
curious if it shows in the error log.  You could even go so far as to
check HTTP headers and verify that is what happens.  Try LiveHTTPHeaders
extension for Mozilla Firefox.  What happens if you just do not put any
Index in the Options line at all?

Options FollowSymLinks Includes

Also, I didn't see a Directory.  Did you omit for the sake of brevity in
your post?  After the ServerName and before the ServerAdmin in your
example, try to replace with the following code and see what happens.
As always, just disable old code with comments, incase something doesn't
work.  Remove commented code only after you get everything working, and
preferably store it in a file for future reference of code mistakes.
Works for me.  :)

<Directory "/www/proof.us">
    Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
    #AllowOverride None
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all