httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eve Atley" <eat...@wowcorp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Directory Listing
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:46:41 GMT

This may be what you're looking for. :) From  within that same config file,
you need to find the line that says DirectoryIndex, and change the first
appearance to index.htm (.html), ie.

	DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.html.var

...where mine would search first for .php, and then .html.

-- Eve

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick [mailto:nick.kirby@freeuk.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 7:32 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Directory Listing

Hello, installed Apache 2.051 today, running as a service on a windows XP
sp1a box.

I followed a magazine article and

edited servername (to reflect my dynDNS setup)

And

documentRoot (to reflect where I put my files, namely c:/apache/niknet

And

The <directory> file location, to point to C:/apache/niknet

Now - localhost works, but presents a directory listing (which I would
rather avoid), and not the default index page I created called index.html.

Is there a way to force the system to default to "index.htm" whenever my
domain/localhost is looked for?

I am painfully new at this - minutes, actually, so please bear with me!

Many thanks,

Nick Kirby