httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pedro" <pe...@layernetworks.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: [Spam] RE: [users@httpd] Vhosts, newbie
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:35:19 GMT
hie

thanks for your help, it whorks perfect ;)
i have only one problem...
for example:

www.xxxx.com go to c:/www/xxxx.com (that instrution is defined in apache)

www.sdferer.net -> this site poits to my ip BUT is not defined in my apache config... this
site will show the first vhost... how i can fix this??

one more time, thanks!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Campbell
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 4:03 AM
  Subject: [Spam] RE: [users@httpd] Vhosts, newbie

  You basically need the NameVirtualHost directive where <yoursingleip> is your ip address
on the box (like 192.168.0.100).  You'll also have to have hostname1.example.com and hostname2.example.com
in your DNS or at the very least your hosts file.

  NameVirtualHost <yoursingleip>:80

  <VirtualHost <yoursingleip>:80>

     ServerName     hostname1.example.com

     DocumentRoot   /path/to/files/hostname1.example.com/htdocs

  </VirtualHost>

  <VirtualHost <yoursingleip>:80>

     ServerName     hostname2.example.com

     DocumentRoot   /path/to/files/hostname2.example.com/htdocs

  </VirtualHost>

  This is very simplified.  I clipped my httpd.conf file to create it.

  Good luck!

  Thomas