httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dennis Foreman" <dfore...@stny.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Suppressing parent-link in index list
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:56:49 GMT
Josh,
Assuming I am using it properly (a bold assumption), the IndexIgnore
directive appears to act the same as not using the Indexes option - that is,
I get the "forbidden" message when following the Parent-Link from a valid
index. What I wanted is either:
1. for the parent link to not show up in an index listing
Or
2. for the link to return some page (such as "index not available") that
does not contain an error-code.

Here's what I wrote in httpd.conf:

<Directory "C:/Documents and Settings/dj/My
Documents/public_html/350pages/S05">
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
     IndexIgnore
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

<Directory "C:/Documents and Settings/dj/My
Documents/public_html/350pages/S05/slides">
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Indexes
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>