httpd-users mailing list archives

From GCotgre...@aol.com
Subject [users@httpd] start-up problems Apache2 Win XP
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:33:19 GMT
Apache 2.0 under Win XP installed, to use only as a local  development server
for  some
PHP scripts.

I have tried to start  the server, in order to run the test described in the
installation guide,  but am falling at the first hurdle!

Running "apache" from the command  line I get:

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache
(OS  10022)An invalid  argument was supplied.  : make_sock: unable to  listen
for connections  on address 127.0.0.1:8080
no listening  sockets available, shutting  down
Unable to open logs

or with the start command

C:\Program  Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin>apache -k start
[Thu Dec 09  02:18:47  2004] [error] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file
specified.  :  No installed service named "Apache2".

no clues in the error logs  either.

Any clues where I'm going  wrong?