httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forbidden (403) error on FreeBSD install
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:48:34 GMT
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:06:16 -0800 (PST), footh <footh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help.  I did actually read the FAQ but
> forgot to post it (did the work last week, posted the
> message today).
>
> All directories have rwx permissions for all users.
> I'm using the default directory specified by the
> install (/sw/pkg/apache).
>
> I still get a forbidden error.  This server was set up
> by an ISP so I'm sure they have maximum security on
> this thing.  I just don't know enough about Unix to
> disable it for apache.
>
> Any more suggestions?

Well, you don't mention what version of apache you are using or where
you got it from.

Personally, I have never seen a 403 error that was not caused by unix
permissions *and* failed to log anything to the error log.  If you
can't figure it out, then next thing I would try is doing a fresh
install from a version downloaded from httpd.apache.org and using a
fresh install tree that you create yourself.

Joshua.