httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kristina Clair <kcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem with Charset
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:30:51 GMT
Are you also defining the charset in the html headers?

If so, I think using "AddDefaultCharset Off" should work.  If you want
this to apply to all the pages served by your apache server, you can
put it in httpd.conf.  If you only want it to apply to certain
directories, you can put it in a .htaccess file in those directories.

This is how I have gotten it to work, with html files with a normal
.html extension.

I think there is another way to get it to work by not using
AddDefaultCharset Off and by using the appropriate file extension --
i.e. using the extention .sjis for files that you want to use
SHIFT_JIS instead of the .html extension.  But I have never tried this
so I am not sure.

Kristina

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:02:40 -0200 (BRST), Mario Sergio Candian
<mscandian@freebsdbrasil.com.br> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have a FreeBSD server with apache2. I need to add a charset for japanese
> language. In my httpd.conf I have this:
>
> LanguagePriority pt-BR en ca cs da de el eo es et fr he hr it ja ko ltz nl nn
> no
> ForceLanguagePriority Prefer Fallback
>
> AddCharset ISO-2022-JP .iso2022-jp .jis
>
> AddCharset EUC-JP      .euc-jp
> AddCharset SHIFT_JIS   .sjis
>
> But its dont work, and my page only show me some caracters wrong.
>
> Whats wrong with my configuration? What can I do to fix it?
>
> Thanks for all attention.

Kristina Clair
Datarealm Internet Services
www.serve.com