httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morten <li...@kikobu.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Making a robust DAV server deployment in an MS world
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:34:06 GMT
Hi,

> dav though Apache, but I think it only runs on 1.3 right now. What kind
> of clients are you expecting to be using? I would expect that any client
> can be treated like a browser and special rules applied one way or
> another. Even if it comes down to a mod_rewrite sort of thing you should
> be able to do it.

I was hoping to be able to allow MS WebFolders as clients. When I try to
connect using WebFolders, I get rejected because WebFolders strips the
trailing slash (ie. /my/dav/ becomes /my/dav) and Apache sendes a 301
redirect to /my/dav/ which breaks WebFolders. I fixed that for now using
a ProxyPass. Next problem, WebFolders tries to execute "something" (FP
extension supposedly), and as it fails with a 404, WebFolders refuses to
connect to the DAV repository:

  "GET /_vti_inf.html HTTP/1.1" 404 323
  "POST /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc HTTP/1.1" 404 337

Does a workaround for this exist? I just tried Slide as DAV server and
it appears to handle these "special" cases, so I'm hoping that someone
somewhere has something similar for mod_dav.

Any input much appreciated,

Morten